Customise Menu & Homepage
Set up Header Navigation menu
To configure the Header Navigation menu at the top of the page, go to Appearance > Customize > Menus > Header Navigation.
- You can drag and drop the menu items for preferred order.
- You can also add more menu items to menu structure by clicking + Add Items.
- On the bottom, check the box of Display Location for Primary Navigation Menu.
Make sure you check the box of Display Location for Primary Navigation Menu to show the menu on your website header
Set up Homepage layout
To configure the home page layout, go to Appearance > Customize > Site Layout.
- Choose your layout style for full-width content or half content with sidebar on left
- Save changes.
Configure how to display your posts on homepage
To configure the posts shown on homepage, go to Appearance > Customize > Content Archives.
- If you wish to display some preview texts for your post, we prefer to select Display Entry Content. You can then set the limitation of how many characters being shown on each post excerpt.
We prefer to select Display Entry Content and set the character limitation to display post excerpt. It is a more flexible, easy and consistent way to display the post excerpt.
- For Featured Image Size, we prefer to set "blog-featured-or-blog-post-image (720 x 9999)" which fits Sandra theme.
- For Featured Image Alignment, simply select Left.
- You can set how the pagination buttons look like by choose under Entry Pagination Type.
Configure numbers of posts shown in homepage
To configure this, go to Settings > Reading
- Adjust the number of posts under Blog Pages Show At Most
The more posts shown in home page, the potentially higher website loading time