Configure Sidebar Post Widget
Turn on Genesis - Featured Posts Widget
- Under Appearance > Widgets, you can drag and drop the Genesis - Featured Posts to Primary Sidebar.
- Tab to open the Genesis - Featured Posts to configure the settings
Sidebar Post Widget Setting Configuration
- If you want to display only specific category of posts, you can choose from the drop down list of Category
- You can change the number of posts to be shown by changing the Number of Posts to Show
- If you want to prevent the same post displaying on the page at the same time, you can tick the Exclude Previously Displayed Posts
- You can show the featured image of the post by ticking Show Featured Image
- The optimal size of featured image for the sidebar widget will be "sidebar-post-image (360x9999)"
- You can also control how many post excerpt to be shown by changing the Limit content to "xx" characters
- Other settings are optional for your own preference