Install theme & plugins
Sandra theme is only used for wordpress.org instead of wordpress.com. If you are using wordpress.com, you are not able to install and use this theme. If you are exploring hosting service for your WordPress, Inmotion Hosting is highly recommended for up to standard speed and uptime.
After you install the latest WordPress on your hosting, you can follow the below guides to install Sandra theme and recommended plugins.
1. Unzip the download file
After unzip, you will see 2 zip files in total. One is genesis.2.4.2.zip while another one is sandra.zip. You can proceed to next step.
2. Upload the Genesis zip first
- In WordPress admin panel, go to Appearance > Themes and click the Add New button.
- Click on the Upload Theme and choose the genesis.2.4.2.zip file to upload.
- Click Install Now.
- After the theme has been installed successfully, Do Not Activate the Genesis theme and click Return to Themes.
3. Upload the Sandra zip
- Under Appearance > Themes, click the Add New button. Click Upload Theme and choose sandra.zip to upload the file.
- Click Install Now.
- After Installation, click Activate.
4. Install all recommended plugin
We highly recommend installing all plugins for you to showcase the best of Sandra theme.
- There is a message popping up on top of WordPress admin panel after your successful activation of Sandra theme. Click Begin installing plugins.
- Select all plugins, and in the drop-down list, pick install and then click Appy.
- If the plugins do not install as a batch, try to install each one individually.
- Select all plugins again, and in the drop-down list, pick Activate and then click Apply.
5. Activate Jetpack plugin
The Jetpack plugin plays important role in Sandra theme for several features. By connecting your own WordPress with Jetpack, you can enjoy more completed features.
- Under Jetpack > Connect Jetpack
- If you don't have any wordpress.com account, you can create a new one by following the guideline in wordpress.com
- If you already have wordpress.com account, you can connect it.
- When you see the pricing table of wordpress.com after you successfully created an account and logged in, you can close this browser without choosing any plan. Your connection between own WordPress and wordpress.com is done.
- Head back to your own WordPress admin panel
Configure Jetpack setting
- Under Jetpack tab > click settings
- We highly recommend to turn on the below settings:
- Engagement > Sharing
- Engagement > Enhanced Distribution
- Engagement > Site Verification
- Security > Protect
- Security > Monitor
- Appearance > Photon (optional)
- Appearance > Widget Visibility
- Writing > Shortcode Embeds
- Writing > Contact Form
You are also welcome to turn on other functions that are not stated above.
The account in wordpress.com is only used for activating the Jetpack function in your own WordPress, nothing more.